A Light & Lovely Malmö Home to Brighten Your Day | Smart is Beauty

A Light & Lovely Malmö Home to Brighten Your Day | Smart is Beauty

Hej raringar!

We've relocated back to Malmö for a few days (just a little interlude before heading back to our summer cottage since Alice is off to gymnastics camp tomorrow), and with that, I felt a Malmö apartment tour was in order!

This lovely home in the relaxed Möllevången neighbourhood (if you're planning a visit, don't miss my Malmö guide, and more recently: Malmö by the sea!) immediately caught my eye for its wonderfully light, easy-going feel.

I love the soft palette of warm greys, dusty blues and gentle greens, which creates such a calm atmosphere throughout and a wonderfully cool, restful backdrop to life in the heart of the city during summertime. The bedroom is especially lovely. That muted blue wall feels cocooning without being dark (clever how they've painted the IVAR cabinets the same colour), while layers of linen and natural textures keep everything feeling relaxed and effortless.

Elsewhere, it's the little details that really make this apartment sing: a deep windowsill transformed into a cosy spot for a morning coffee and a little people-watching, original doors full of beautiful patina, simple open shelving in the kitchen and carefully chosen artwork that adds personality without making the space feel cluttered. It strikes that wonderful balance between pared-back and cosy.

There's something about these old Malmö apartments that always gets me. Perhaps it's the generous ceiling heights, the original joinery or simply the way they balance history with such an effortlessly relaxed style. 

Ready to take a look?






Very nice!

I have to say, I love the old-school look in the bathroom – it's so cool!

I'm also seriously considering painting our guest bedroom a blue like this. It's such a calm, restful shade. Maybe I'll manage it before my sister and her family come to stay in August (Per's ears are probably burning from across the room right now!). Mind you, I'll need to wait for a rainy day first!

An interior designer friend once told me that the danger with adding colour to walls is that you can grow tired of it over time. But I honestly don't think I'd ever tire of this blue. Do you have a wall colour in your home that you've loved for years? I'd love to hear what it is!

Before I head off to help my daughter pack, I thought I'd leave you with a few more Malmö home tours to enjoy:

Step inside a cosy Malmö apartment where old meets new
Tour a Malmö home filled with smart Scandinavian design ideas
An artist's home and studio in a converted Malmö warehouse

I hope you enjoyed today's Malmö tour! Thank you so much for dropping by, and for all your lovely comments and messages; they really do brighten my day. I'll be back later this week with one final post before I disappear for a couple of weeks to soak up the Swedish summer. See you then!

Niki

Photography courtesy of Bo-laget, with thanks.



Smart is Beauty
Tampilkan Komentar
Sembunyikan Komentar

0 Response to "A Light & Lovely Malmö Home to Brighten Your Day | Smart is Beauty"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel