A Relaxed Gothenburg Home with Checks, Burgundy and Beautiful Details | Smart is Beauty

A Relaxed Gothenburg Home with Checks, Burgundy and Beautiful Details | Smart is Beauty

I love Swedish surnames. Yes, many are the familiar ‘son of’ names, Svensson, Johansson, Andersson and so on, but so many others are inspired by nature, which I find rather lovely.

Mine, for example, means ‘steep ground’ (perhaps not the most romantic, let's hope it's not a slippery slope...), while I have friends with names like Häggström, ‘bird-cherry stream’. Then there are famous Swedes such as Astrid Lindgren, whose surname combines ‘linden tree’ and ‘branch’, and filmmaker Ingmar Bergman, quite literally ‘mountain man’.

And today I came across another one: Hallonkvist, ‘raspberry twig’. How nice is that?

You might be wondering where on earth I’m going with this. There is a point, I promise, although the link is admittedly rather tenuous!

Sarah Hallonkvist is an interior stylist based in Gothenburg, and in January she moved into a new home in Majorna with her little one, marking the beginning of a wonderful fresh chapter. Since then, Sarah has been slowly putting her stamp on the space and creating a beautiful, relaxed home for the two of them.

And it’s just the kind of home I love: warm, with soft creamy walls and curtains that form a calm backdrop for rich wood, tactile textiles and a wonderful mix of vintage and contemporary pieces. Simple pine shelves create extra storage under the TV, while sculptural lighting, checks, deep berry tones and a few playful details give each room its own character. 

Here are a few lovely corners from Sarah’s home to feel inspired by!



















It would be lovely to see more of the kitchen, as well as a few glimpses of the bathroom and hallway, but I’m sure Sarah will get around to sharing these spaces when she’s ready – so do keep an eye on her Instagram for updates!

Even from these pictures, though, there’s plenty to take inspiration from. I love the warmth of the yellow tones, which are having a real moment right now. Other on-trend touches include the checks, zebra print, dark brown, burgundy and pale blue, as well as all the wicker details.

Do you have any of these in your home? Perhaps you’ve loved them for years, in which case, you were clearly ahead of the curve!

And finally, is there anything in particular that caught your eye in Sarah’s Gothenburg home?

Here is a mixed bag of Gothenburg homes to appreciate on this bright and sunny day: 

A beautiful Gothenburg home with a hint of English style
Inside Anna's coastal home on an island outside Gothenburg 
An allotment cottage hideaway in the heart of the city

Thank you so much for stopping by. Hej då så länge!

Niki

Photography by Sarah Hallonkvist, shared with kind permission



Smart is Beauty
Tampilkan Komentar
Sembunyikan Komentar

0 Response to "A Relaxed Gothenburg Home with Checks, Burgundy and Beautiful Details | Smart is Beauty"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel