Soft Greens, Golden Tones and a Fairytale Children's Bedroom | Smart is Beauty

Soft Greens, Golden Tones and a Fairytale Children's Bedroom | Smart is Beauty

It's quite incredible what a difference a little colour can make to a home. It doesn't have to be a lot either – sometimes just a splash here and there is enough to completely change the feel of a space.

Of course, choosing the right tones can be easier said than done. It certainly doesn't help when you walk into a paint shop and are faced with what feels like a million different shades of white alone!

But the effort can really pay off, and this pretty Swedish home is such a lovely example. With its golden kitchen doors, hints of soft green, touches of blue and warm nude tones, it shows just how beautifully the Swedes weave colour into an interior.

And keep an eye out for the children's bedroom, with its forest friends wallpaper, yellow window frame and oxblood chest of drawers. It feels like something straight out of a fairytale!












Lovely! Very relaxed with rustic touches, yet still beautifully cared for and thoughtfully put together.

Did you notice the picture of the washer and dryer? I kept that in deliberately, as it shows how Swedes so often place them. Ours is exactly the same in our laundry room! You'll usually find them tucked into a bathroom, utility room or basement. Never the kitchen (like in the UK).

I have to say, I really loved the children's bedroom in this home – it's so pretty! Did anything in particular stand out to you?

And what about colour? Have you used much in your own home, and if so, where and how? We've just re-decorated our guest room in Nordic Breeze and I absolutely love it! I keep going in there just to take a look! I promise to show a glimpse soon, I am just figuring out the final touches.

You can see more pictures of this country home over at Stadshem, where the house is currently for sale.

Ha det sÃ¥ fint! 

Niki

Photography by Mariette Svensson



Smart is Beauty
Tampilkan Komentar
Sembunyikan Komentar

0 Response to "Soft Greens, Golden Tones and a Fairytale Children's Bedroom | Smart is Beauty"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel